Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Snoopy


             


What do you wish for before blowing out the candles on your birthday cake? Ever since I was ten, I wished for a puppy. My mom thought I was crazy because I used to be terrified of dogs. I once locked myself in the bathroom and cried because I was convinced my aunt's dog was evil! Thankfully I was able to overcome this fear. This led to me begging my parents to get a dog.  Then, on my fifteenth birthday, my birthday wish came true!

My parents bought me an eight week old Maltese puppy who we named Snoopy. My dad came up with his name because he is "a little white dog with attitude." I like to call him "Snoop Dog." Even though he was my birthday present, he is the family dog. Snoopy has created a special bond with each member of my family.

Snoopy loves to go on walks in the neighborhood with my dad. His favorite part is greeting people on the street.  He barks at everyone that passes by. Snoopy loves to sit in the kitchen when my mom cooks. He always eats the scraps that fall on the floor when she makes steak, his favorite meal. That's probably why he is considered large for his breed! Snoopy and my sister can sit and watch TV in bed all day. He loves to be pet and snuggled under the warm blankets.

I might be biased, but I think Snoopy and I have the best relationship out of everyone. We love to go on runs together, play outside, and go to the beach. He'll even sit with my if I am doing homework or just want to talk. We spend most of our time together and he always knows how to cheer me up. 

After spending the last six years with Snoopy I can't imagine not having him in my life. Who else would protect me, make me laugh, and give me slobbery kisses every day?

Vocabulary
Terrified- scared
Convinced- fully believed
Begging- asking over and over again
Bond- relationship
Neighborhood- area where you live
Scraps- extra pieces
Considered- looked at
Snuggled- sit close to
Biased- in favor of
Cheer me up- make me happy
Slobbery- wet

Vocabulary Activity- Draw a line from the vocabulary word to its definition.


Grammar Point
Punctuation is the symbols we use to end a sentence.
If we are asking a question, we use a question mark (?)
For example, I asked: What do you wish for before blowing out the candles on your birthday cake?

If we are showing something with a lot of emotion, we use an exclamation mark (!). Some types of emotions we want to show is excited, scared, angry, shocked, or amused.
In the sentence, I once locked myself in the bathroom and cried because I was convinced my aunt's dog was evil!  I am showing that this situation was scary at the time but funny now.

A period (.) is used to end a sentence without any additional meaning.
Snoopy loves to go on walks in the neighborhood with my dad. The purpose of this sentence is to just share a fact about my dog, nothing extra.


Your Turn: Write one sentence using a question mark, one using an exclamation point, and one using just a period.

1 comment:

  1. I love your dog. Just look at his face.

    Very nice, thorough entry! I really like your vocabulary words and exercise.

    ReplyDelete